At Sing Orthodontics, we care about you and your family’s health and safety regarding Covid-19. Below are the precautions our staff is taking in the office to prevent the spread of the virus during your visit to our office:
- We screen all patients for international travel, signs or symptoms of infection, and update their medical histories.
- All patients rinse with an iodine mouth wash that is recommended by the UConn School of Dentistry to kill Covid-19 in the oral cavity.
- All staff uses personal protective equipment that is appropriate for the procedures performed.
- We autoclave our handpieces after each patient.
- Public areas are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- We clean our environment with products from the EPA’s list of registered surface disinfectant products for use against Coronavirus-19.
- We wipe down doors, handles, and other common area touchpoints for added cleanliness every two hours.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters have been placed in each operatory and throughout the office to help limit any aerosolized transmission of the virus.
- Patients are kindly requested to come alone or with one companion if necessary (under 18, disabled, or requiring ambulatory assistance) to help limit numbers in the waiting room.
- The ADA has resources guiding dentists on how to handle treatment during this time and has continually implemented measures on aerosols and control against infection. We keep this updated in our office to ensure the safety of the dental team and the patients.